Our New York City Internal Organ Damage Attorneys Understand How Much is at Stake
Many types of accidents can lead to internal organ damage. Your organs are vital for your body to function. In addition, internal injuries can be fatal, but at the very least, they are life-threatening. Even when people survive injuries to their organs, they often face lifelong complications, surgeries, and the need for ongoing care and treatment.
If you have suffered internal injuries due to another party’s negligence, The O’Connor Law Firm is here to help. Contact us today to discuss the event that led to your internal injuries, the way they have impacted your life, and how we can help you seek compensation for damages.
Common Causes of Internal Organ Damage
The most common causes of internal injuries include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Assault and Other Intentional Harm
Types of Internal Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Abdominal Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Lung Damage
- Spleen Injuries
- Kidney Damage
- Liver Damage
- GI Tract Damage
Symptoms and Complications of Internal Organ Damage
Depending on the specific injury and its severity, those who suffer internal organ damage could experience a wide range of symptoms and complications related to each of the major organs. Examples of common symptoms of internal bleeding or organ damage include:
- Severe headaches, especially those that worsen over time
- Dizziness, weakness, and fainting
- Low blood pressure
- Blindness, seeing double, blurry vision, or other vision problems
- Numbness or tingling
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Coughing up blood
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Bruising around the navel or on the abdomen
- Yellowing of the skin, specific to liver failure
The biggest complications that come from internal organ damage, besides death, is organ failure, coma, or permanent vegetative state (PVS). You likely know that you do not need your appendix or spleen, and you can live on one kidney.
Damage to any other major organs puts your life at risk. For example, punctured lungs fill with fluid so patients cannot breathe. The liver regenerates cells, so your body will repair minor damage. More serious liver damage shuts it down and leads to kidney failure and infections in the body.
How Our NYC Internal Organ Damage Lawyer Can Help
Suffering internal injuries is a serious, sometimes life-changing, event. You’ve likely had to miss work as your medical bills are rolling in. An experienced internal organ damage lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve for your internal injuries while you focus on healing and recovery.
Attorneys fill out paperwork and file lawsuits, but that doesn’t scratch the surface of what they do for their clients. Some ways our NYC internal organ damage lawyer can help include:
- Evaluating your case to determine the viability of your claim and the party or parties responsible for your injuries.
- Gathering documents and evidence to support your injury claim.
- Obtaining expert witness testimony and eyewitness statements, when applicable, to support your claim.
- Handling communications with insurance companies, including settlement negotiations.
- Taking your case to trial to fight for you when settlement is not an option.
Compensation for Internal Injuries
If you reach a settlement agreement with those responsible for your internal injuries, or if a court rules in your favor, you could receive compensation for the following losses and damages related to your injuries:
- Medical expenses including emergency services, lab tests, hospitalization, follow-up care, and prescription medications
- Estimated future medical treatment costs if your internal injuries cause permanent damage to your organs that requires ongoing care and treatment
- Lost wages for missing work as a result of injuries, hospitalization, and recovery
- Estimated future lost wages if your internal organ damage prevents you from returning to your job or seeking future employment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Other non-economic damages that might apply to your situation
Contact our NYC Internal Organ Damage Lawyer To Get Help Now
The O’Connor Law Firm has been serving New York City residents who suffer injuries since 2006. The carelessness, negligence, or intentional harm can lead to serious and fatal injuries, including internal injuries that lead to organ damage.
If you have suffered internal organ damage, get the legal help you need now. Contact the skilled legal team at The O’Connor Law Firm for a free case evaluation to determine the viability of your injury claims. If you choose us to represent you, you do not have to pay any upfront fees. We take cases on a contingent fee basis, only collecting our attorney fees if we win your case. Call us today at 212-566-4868 and let us help you get back on track.